King Mez is a 19 year old rapper hailing from Raleigh, North Carolina. He's going to be doing big things in the Hip Hop game soon. 9th Wonder even stamped him on twitter. Make sure to follow @KingMez on twitter. I recently conducted a interview via email with Mez, this is what he had to say.


How long have you been rapping?

I've been rapping since I was like 9 years old. I got serious about it when I was 16. After I sold out a bookbag full of mixtapes at a football game it was a wrap. I went in.

Who are some of your influences?

Rakim, Nas, Lupe Fiasco, DOOM, Edgar Allen Poe, I have alot of influences. Not all from rap music either. Or music in general for that matter.

I heard J. Cole shouted you out on one of his songs, are you guys planning on
collaborating in the future?


He wasnt talkin about me.

What’s the Hip Hop scene like down in North Carolina? Who are other unsigned artists
doing their thing out there?


Kooley High and Thee Tom Hardy are the most prominent unsigned I'd have to say. Good, talented people.

When is your next project dropping?

It should be dropping like late March or early April. "The Paraplegics"

Thanks for your time man.

No problem mane.

King Mez of the Lazaretto Crew

http://www.welcometomezatron.blogspot.com/


cYro

0 Response for the "Exclusive Interview With King Mez"

Post a Comment