Chalie Boy's picture should be in the dictionary next to grinding. Chalie Boy is 10 years deep in the rap game and its finally his time to shine on a national scale. Chalie Boy has always had a big following in Texas. I recently conducted a email interview with him and this is what he had to say.


How does it feel to gain national attention for your single “I Look Good”?

CB:Its a great feeling to finally be recognized for all of my hard work on a national level.

How does it feel to finally be signed to a major record label after over 10 years of grinding?

CB: Honestly, I'm very happy to finally find the right situation for me and my label...I could have been signed several different times over the years, but the timing and opportunity just wasnt right...The independent thing helped us get to where we needed to be. My goal was never to "just" be signed, but to find the situation that would work out best for me. With my 10 year track record under my belt, signing with Battery/Jive in 2009 was the right move for me at the right time. Now its time to keep pushing.

How do you feel about the current state of Texas Hip Hop?

CB:I like it, I like it alot...The new crop of artists shows that we have diverse styles and more creativity than everyone expected...It allows us to have growth.

When is your debut Major album dropping?

CB: There is no definite release date, but it will definitely be soon.

Are you planning on going on tour anytime soon?

CB: Well my schedule has been so hectic, I have had to turn down a few touring opportunities. I will more than likely tour after my prior obligations are fulfilled.

Thanks for your time, Is there any advice you have for upcoming rappers?

CB: Always work hard and take constructive criticism, have a level head on your shoulders and always, ALWAYS respect and show love to the dj’s.


Follow Chalie Boy on Twitter


cYro

0 Response for the "Exclusive Interview With Chalie Boy"

Post a Comment